Rachel is looking for museums to profile in order to illustrate the following themes (bonus points for new, innovative and successful practices!)
- Leadership on sustainability from senior management, including the Director and Trustees.
- The ability of staff members to influence policy on sustainability.
- The activities of "green champions".
- How sustainability is effectively managed within the organisation.
- How sustainability performance is assessed, and data collected and reported.
- How your museum's sustainability strategy was developed.
- How your museum has set and achieved targets and milestones related to sustainability.
- How your museum has created policies and plans to support your efforts to improve sustainability.
- How your museum effectively communicates internally on sustainability.
- How your museum effectively communicates externally on sustainability.
- Other successful and innovative initiatives in the field of sustainability.
Deadline: Sept. 12, 2010
Format: Abstract (300 word limit) and biographical note (up to 150 words).
You'll be notified by Sept. 17 if your proposal is accepted.
Contact information for this project:
Director, Greener Museums
Publisher, MuseumsEtc Ltd